Entry one hundred and seventy eight
Happy Friday deTerrarinos!
It’s all very well having gorgeous solid wood kitchens in which to show off your culinary expertise, but to keep them looking their best they do require a bit of love from time to time. Get your pinafores at the ready, your dusters suitably fluffed and Queen’s greatest hits at the ready, it’s time to give your kitchen a spring spruce-up!
Cleaning your solid wood kitchen cabinets is easy in just five simple steps:
- Remove all your products and dinnerware from the cabinet and wipe them down with a lightly damp clean cloth.
- After emptying the cabinet, mix a solution of warm, soapy water; we suggest a mixture of 5% liquid soap with 95% water (we’d recommend avoiding any more aggressive cleaning additives).
- Using a slightly damp micro-fibre cloth, wipe all accessible surfaces of the cabinets and rinse off the cloth regularly to avoid spreading dust further.
- Next, use a dry micro-fibre cloth to wipe away any excess moisture. Follow the grain direction of the timber panels to avoid leaving any stains.
- Once the cabinet is dry, replace your items and repeat the process on the next unit.
To give your solid wood worktops a sparkling new appearance, here’s three easy steps to follow:
- Start by cleaning the worktops with the same soap solution that we recommend for cleaning cabinets.
- Following a thorough initial clean, use a natural solution to protect your worktops from bacteria. We recommend: 2 small cups of water, 1/3 of a cup of white vinegar or lemon juice and a tablespoon of washing up liquid.
- After leaving the solution for a few moments to take their effect, wipe away with a damp cloth, followed by a clean, dry cloth.
By following these easy instructions, you should now be well on your way to a clean kitchen – ready to impress for the summer ahead!
Ta ta for now,
The deTerra Diarist.